The metadata syntax changed between 0.9.x and 0.10.0:
- In older versions, << and >> were used for less than and greater than. These were replaced with < and >
- In older versions, it was possible to specify more than one version constraint on a cookbook. In 0.10, only one constraint is allowed.
To address this issue we need to:
- transparently convert existing CookbookVersions in the database to the newer format where possible
- provide useful error messages when evaluating the metadata.rb file.
- check the metadata.json file before uploading (in case the user uses the JSON version instead of metadata.rb).